For Immediate Release: March 28, 2012
(563) 556-5800 ext. 130
Panel Discussion On The Affordable Care Act
Dubuque, IA: A panel of eight experts will hold an informational session on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and its impact on Iowa’s small to mid-sized employers. This three-hour session is intended for healthcare providers, human resource managers, insurance producers, small and mid-sized business owners, social workers and those who want to learn about healthcare reform. Topics covered:
• The Act’s key points and how it changes the way employers provide benefits
• What health insurance reform implementation will look like in Iowa
• Primary issues for small businesses and solutions to tackle those concerns
• What the Act means for your employees’ healthcare provider options
• Strategies addressing HR dilemmas for small and mid-sized employers
• Important tax challenges and how to capitalize on the tax incentives
• How to interpret the legislative policy, its legal challenges and impact of those judicial decisions on your business
The panel of experts includes presenters from the industries of law, insurance, finance, healthcare, U.S. Small Business Administration, and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The panel discussion will be held on Thursday, April 26, 2012 from 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm at Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) Town Cock Center for Professional Development, 680 Main Street, Dubuque, IA in Room 106. The cost is $40 and includes approved Continuing Education credits for these groups: Insurance Producers, Nurses, Nursing Home Administrators, Social Workers, and HRCI Strategic Business Recertification Credit.
The discussion on “Impact on Iowa: The Affordable Care Act” is sponsored by the Employers Council of Northeast Iowa (ECI), Community Colleges of Iowa, Community Educators, the Greater Des Moines Partnership and local chambers, the Iowa Association of Business and Industry, Iowa Workforce Development, and One Source Training.
Pre-registration and payment is required and seating is limited. Register online at: www.nicc.edu/continuinged/ for Course Number 9739, or call (563) 557-8271 ext. 380.